Jim, sorry for your loss

Discussion of current events from the racing world
Richard Schmidt

Jim, sorry for your loss

Postby Richard Schmidt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:09 am

Jim,

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you can find hope and love from your friends and family to carry you thru these times.

God Bless.

Richard

Jim Murphy

Re: Jim, sorry for your loss

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Richard,

Thank you for your kindness. I just saw this post as I have been very busy with the sad business at hand when you lose your wife suddenly.
I have been trying to take breaks from this sad business whenever that I can just to keep my sanity. Step by step . . . .

Jim

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Update:
It has been a month now since my wife suddenly died from an accidental fall that caused bleeding on the brain next to the brain stem
which caused her to stop breathing on her own. I am told that anyone over 50 has a higher risk of bleeding on the brain from any hit to the head due to the walls of the blood vessels becoming more fragile with age (strokes as well). The pain, grief and loneliness have been helped by my SCCA family and I am truly grateful for all of you who have reached out to me. The F600's and the autox Jeep also help keep my mind off of all the paperwork that has to be done over several months (bureaucratic slow pace - still waiting on the death certificate). I am beginning to get ready to move to a smaller house, hopefully with lots of garage space, about an hour north on I-85 from Atlanta and its traffic congestion. I will keep ya'll updated as I go down this path.

Hopefully, I will see some of you at the Solo Nationals IF we can get the Jeep properly fuel mapped since the motor was significantly upgraded over the winter. With ya'll being gear heads I figured that you would enjoy all the technical details so here is the 6 part blog on the history and upgrade of the Jeep to Version 2.0 -

http://www.northgeorgiawx.com/the-jeep.html

Jim

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:06 am

Latest update:
Obviously, I am not at the Solo Nat's as the Jeep had an oiling problem which resulted in a rod knock.
We hope to have the Jeep in Dan's shop by next Friday to start its resurrection.

However, I have been busy on two fronts - the F600 challenge and down-sizing.

The F600 Challenge had a busy month with two races at Charlotte and Barber reported in this forum.

The down-sizing project has progressed as my current house sold in two days with three bidders (I wished
that I had had a higher initial price). Due diligence is happening on my current house while I start to make
inquiries on several 3bed/2bath/2car garage houses with just enough level land for a 2 car garage outbuilding
in the Braselton/Hoschton/Flowery Branch and further north areas. The next 2 months will be hectic as I move
AND build the garage.

More updates to follow.

Jim

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Latest update:

I have contracted for a 3bed/2bath/2cargarage ranch style house between
Chateau Elan and Winder, GA, about 40 minutes from my current home (assuming no traffic).
Working on the design of the 2 car garage outbuilding in the back yard. Packing up
the house for big move on 10/25. Won't be able to move in until the interior has been
painted and the carpet cleaned.

Jim

Return to “General Discussion”