The NEW Formula500.org Reset Your Password to Login!

Discussion of current events from the racing world
jtc161
Site Admin

The NEW Formula500.org Reset Your Password to Login!

Postby jtc161 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 pm

In order to login again to Formula500.org on it's new server, you will need to reset your password.

You can do so by clicking the "I forgot my password" link located below the password field on the login page. You can access the login page here:

ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

Also, be sure to bookmark http://formula500.org on your cell phone and tablet, as the updated forum software is very mobile friendly without the need to download additional apps.
Last edited by Scott Newton on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Incorrect URL
1997 RD

Chuck McAbee

Re: The NEW Formula500.org Reset Your Password to Login!

Postby Chuck McAbee » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:02 am

Jeff -

I have been able to sign in and log on using my laptop that uses Vista - with both IE 8 and Firefox.

I am not able to sign in from my Windows 8.1 machine using either IE 10 or Firefox.

Never too old to have a happy childhood!

jtc161
Site Admin

Postby jtc161 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 am

Chuck, I just made Scott aware of your issue, we should be able to get it figured out shortly.
1997 RD

Scott Newton
Site Admin

Postby Scott Newton » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:41 am

Chuck,

I just did a test using IE11 + Windows 8.1, IE10 + Windows 7 and Firefox + Windows 8.1, and all three logins worked just fine for me. Obviously you can login from some machine, since you logged in to post that - so I'm guessing it's only your laptop that's giving you fits? If so, my guess would that some sort of password manager (either a 3rd party app, or the ones built into the browsers themselves) is remembering your old password, causing the login failure.

Could I have you try the following (until you find one that works):
- If the password manager is auto-filling the password, try explicitly retyping it
- If the password manager still doesn't let you do that (some of them can be somewhat annoying in that sense), try temporarily disabling the password manager extension
- If all else fails, if you still remember your "old" password, explicitly change your password to the website to be your old password

If you continue having issues, PM me your password (feel free to change it to something meaningless first), and I'll try logging in as you and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Sending this from my Windows XP - IE8 machine. Which I just logged into using what is my current usename and the password that Jeff supplied me several weeks ago.

Tried logging in from the Windows 8.1 machine using both IE11 & Firefox by not using the automatic fills for either Username or Password - typing each of them in individually.....NO JOY.

Scott Newton
Site Admin

Postby Scott Newton » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 am

Chuck,

I tested the credentials you sent over in both IE11 and Firefox on a Windows 8.1 VM I had lying around. Both worked right out of the box, with nothing special.

In Firefox, you can try enabling the developer tools and see if the actual username & password being sent to the server are as expected. To do this, just go to "formula500.org", and then hit "F12". Then click on the "gear" icon in the new pane that shows up at the bottom, and choose the option "Enable Persistent Logs" under "Common Preferences". Then click the "Network" option at the top of the new pane.

You should now be able to log in, and see the log pane activate. Look through the log for the entry labeled "POST", and click on it. Then view the "Params" for that entry - you should see your username and password listed there accurately and in plain text*. If you do, then it's something server side - if you don't then something is modifying the data before it leaves your browser.

* = note, due to escaping, your username should appear as "Chuck+McAbee", the "+" is used as a placeholder for the space.

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm

Able to get logged in on Windows 8.1 & Firefox after I went in and deleted the cookies for this site. Hope that continues to work!

Scott Newton
Site Admin

Postby Scott Newton » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Chuck - thanks for the feedback. I'll keep "clearing the cookies" in mind for anyone else who runs into such an issue.

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:19 pm

For whatever reason I have to login every time I visit, even though 'remember me' is checked.

Return to “General Discussion”