Runoffs Prediction (guess)

Race reports and previews from F500 events around the country
Ted Simmons

Runoffs Prediction (guess)

Postby Ted Simmons » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 pm

It's been slow on the boards so I thought I'd stir things up!

OK, so who will the Runoffs! SportsCar gave us their picks, but what do they know! 8)

With such a slim field I’m sure to get some of my picks correct. :lol: I think it will be one of these five (listed in order of appearance on the “Attendee Listâ€￾) :
Clint McMahan
Brian Novak
Calvin Stewart
Jeff Jorgenson
Jeremy Morales

I include Clint and Calvin only if the MC engine is competitive at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, otherwise they may not finish on the podium. I don’t think the MC engine will be in contention for the overall win in any case. (This is not meant as a comment on their driving abilities but rather on the lack of performance of the MC engine at such a tight track compared to the 2-Stroke).

So, my pick for the podium is - Brian, Jeff, and Jeremy; and not necessarily in that order!

The entry numbers are low but I bet the race will be one to watch. Should be a great race!

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:49 am

I know Clint very well (for many years now) and his driving skill will put him in the hunt. Clint is very familiar with Barber which is very similar to Laguna Seca as far as the short straights are concerned. This whole season Clint has won everywhere he has raced.

Jim

Cory McLeod

Postby Cory McLeod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Wow Ted - you are really going out on a limb by listing 45% of the total field and predicting one of them will win.

I will be rooting for Jeff, Jeremy, and Jack (27% of the field) but if I had to place a money bet, it would be on Clint.
F500 - Can't Get Enough of the 2-Cycle Smoke and CVT!

Jeff Blumenthal

Postby Jeff Blumenthal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Calvin Stewart FTW
- Jeff Blumenthal
FMod #96
F500 #96

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Jeff Blumenthal wrote:Calvin Stewart FTW

Clint has beaten Calvin two times this season - June Sprints and Mid-Ohio Pro. Like I said, Clint has not lost this year. But, both Calvin and Brian have been the closest to Clint all year. So, it will be Clint, Calvin anf Brian in that order.

Jim

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 pm

I have my bets on Tom Edwards. Hes been a "sleeper" this year waiting on the runoffs to get here. I think when he steps off of the plane he's going to be turn into a bull. Ryan Barth is another one thats got the potential if properly motivated. If Ryan decides to stay loose and "visualize" he may surprise some folks. Fred Edwards could very easily make a run for it if he doesnt decide to pull off at a corner and have a picnic 8) As for Cal, Brian, and I we just hope to be able to keep up with Jack and Jeremy. :D

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:56 pm

WCM McMahan wrote:I have my bets on Tom Edwards. Hes been a "sleeper" this year waiting on the runoffs to get here. I think when he steps off of the plane he's going to turn into a bull. Ryan Barth is another one that's got the potential if properly motivated. If Ryan decides to stay loose and "visualize" he may surprise some folks. Fred Edwards could very easily make a run for it if he doesnt decide to pull off at a corner and have a picnic 8) As for Cal, Brian, and I, we just hope to be able to keep up with Jack and Jeremy. :D

ROFLMAO! :lol:

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:05 pm

WCM McMahan wrote:I have my bets on Tom Edwards. Hes been a "sleeper" this year waiting on the runoffs to get here. I think when he steps off of the plane he's going to be turn into a bull. Ryan Barth is another one thats got the potential if properly motivated. If Ryan decides to stay loose and "visualize" he may surprise some folks. Fred Edwards could very easily make a run for it if he doesnt decide to pull off at a corner and have a picnic 8) As for Cal, Brian, and I we just hope to be able to keep up with Jack and Jeremy. :D

I love it Clint!
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:11 pm

For all who are going to Laguna Seca, PLEASE video record and photograph like crazy the whole event because I suspect that the Runoffs will NOT return to this track ever again. Once in a lifetime event.

Jim

Ted Simmons

Who knew

Postby Ted Simmons » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Who would have thought Jim was a professional cheerleader!

[img][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o107/tedsimmons2/Jimasacheerleader_zps29bb4aec.png[/img][/img]

Jack Walbran

Fred Edwards

Postby Jack Walbran » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 pm

From Veteran's corner, and remembering the MidOhio RunOffs, I'm putting Fred on the podium.

This field may be small, but it's fast. Genuinely too bad that Chico won't be there to qualify, and then pull off to watch his cars race.

Jack

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:59 pm

We will definitely have moment to celebrate Chico and Don!
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Return to “F500 - Event News & Reports”