Changes for 2018

Discussion on current events in the cost-effective F500 category
Tim Friest

Changes for 2018

Postby Tim Friest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm

I guess there have been a number of changes proposed for 2018, both from the ad hoc committee and regular letters to the CRB.

I wasn't able to go to the CRB meeting at the runoffs, but it sounds like a lot of the proposals (from the ad hoc committee and letters) was rejected by the CRB...

After talking to various people at the runoffs, it sounds like most of the opinions about the future of the class are negative. Steve Jondal was looking for buyers for his cars and said he was moving to FF. Clint McMahan indicated that he was looking for other organizations to drive with, since he didn't want to go through more changes to restricters, and thought the f600 challenge would follow with him.

I had heard that the CRB was considering splitting F500 & F600, but it looks like they decided not to do that based on the Fastrack letter responses. I personally think that splitting the snowmobile and motorcycle motors would kill both classes since there aren't enough of either to be considered national/majors/runoffs classes.

Return to “F500 - General Discussion”