F600's Run the SARRC Invitational Championships

Race reports and previews from F600 events around the country
Jim Murphy

F600's Run the SARRC Invitational Championships

Postby Jim Murphy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 am

To all the F600's,
By speciall arrangement, the F600's are going to be running in the SIC as an exhibition class Oct. 7 - 9 at Roebling Road. Please make every effort to enter this race as a thank you for being invited to run.

So, who is coming?

Jim

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Looks like I'm back to a definite maybe! (up from a "no way I can make it")

My travel schedule has cleared up for a few weeks, so I'm going to try to get my act together. I actually pulled the car out of the trailer for the first time since the July 4th Roebling event! (what a mess...)
George Bugg
Rakavon Chassis #1
F600

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:37 pm

We will try and be there , dont know yet.

Bob East

Postby Bob East » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 pm

My wife is going to hate me, but I am going to spectate the full Petit LeMans, and then I am going to check out those F600/F500s at this Roebling race!!! I think that is 2 weekends in a row. I am looking forward to meeting some of you new and old school folks.
Looking to Learn, Wanting to Drive!

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:21 am

Bob East wrote:My wife is going to hate me, but I am going to spectate the full Petit LeMans, and then I am going to check out those F600/F500s at this Roebling race!!! I think that is 2 weekends in a row. I am looking forward to meeting some of you new and old school folks.

Bob,
You are more than welcome to hang out with us the whole event and maybe even talk Clint into letting you drive a F600 around the paddock.

Jim

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Given the latest CRB proposal, I think we should all run the 32mm restrictors.

Everybody good with that?

(...except Clint. He needs a 20mm plate. ;-) )

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Given the CRBs latest decision, I will not be going to this event along with a few others. Why run when the obvious testing we had done there before will not matter anyways. It exhibiton only, so why waist the money. We ran this event in the hopes to get good on track comparisons with good F500 drivers.................theres no more regional F500 guys in the S.E. to make this possible as they have either swapped over to the 600 or they just dont run their car on a regional level. See ya at the ARRC.

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Gents why run any restrictors at the ARRC? If we are going to be a separate class we do not need a restictor that limits us to the times a top F500 Rotax will turn. Let's continue our development of the F600s so that everyone can see how great a low cost class can be that will bring lots of new competitors to the club.

Now let's all get on the same page to define how we want the rules structured to allow us to achieve the potential of the cars.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:12 pm

I plan to run the SIC because it's a great track and I was hoping we'd have several F600s to show off our cars and our (proposed) new class.

The CRB's proposal says 32mm, so I was planning to run 32mm. However, I'd love to run open and see what it could do.

Right now, it doesn't look like I can make it to the ARRC. But maybe things will change between now and then.

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:21 am

George Bugg wrote:I plan to run the SIC because it's a great track and I was hoping we'd have several F600s to show off our cars and our (proposed) new class.

The CRB's proposal says 32mm, so I was planning to run 32mm. However, I'd love to run open and see what it could do.

Right now, it doesn't look like I can make it to the ARRC. But maybe things will change between now and then.

George,
I would love to see you run both events, especially the ARRC as it will be a money race with more entries. Please talk with Clint before changing your restrictor as you do not need any more trouble.

Jim

Jeff Jorgenson

Postby Jeff Jorgenson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Jay Novak wrote:Gents why run any restrictors at the ARRC? If we are going to be a separate class we do not need a restictor that limits us to the times a top F500 Rotax will turn. Let's continue our development of the F600s so that everyone can see how great a low cost class can be that will bring lots of new competitors to the club.

I agree! I hope to be there next year.

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Jeff, how close are you guys to being able to run? I need your crazy butt to run with! I have missed going into a turn and having someone right beside me not giving a inch while going sideways a 1/2 an inch apart throught the entire track! Without Cooper running, youre the only other guy crazy enough for the task. CMON man................!!!!!!!! Lets go a few more rounds!

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Crap.

Just got word I'm back on the travel schedule and will miss the SIC. :(

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

George Bugg wrote:Crap.

Just got word I'm back on the travel schedule and will miss the SIC. :(

And the ARRC?

Jim

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Likely, but that's far enough out... who knows what might change.

Might need to find a "shoe" to drive my car, so we can get the numbers up.

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jeff Jorgenson

Postby Jeff Jorgenson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 am

Wiley, very kind of you to say, and as I recall one of those times was a cool-off lap. We'll be ready for next year.

In know this is off topic but we received some sad news today, that Don Clar passed away. I saw him this weekend and he was doing well. He told me a story of when he got mistaken for Don Garlits at Pomona and he just went with it - pretty funny. I don't have any more details. I'll post more when I know more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1fO7LM6-Y

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:25 am

Oh NO!!! VERY SAD to hear this! I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him like y'all did but I did enjoy his personality and stories he shared the short time I was around him as well as takling over the phone with him. He will be missed by our camp for sure.

Jay Novak

Don Clar

Postby Jay Novak » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 pm

We heard about Don yesterday evening at the Runoffs. A sad day for sure. Don was WAY TOO MUCH FUN. The wild stories were always great. Luckily I got to talk to him about a week ago & he sounded fine but was very pissed off that they were having problems getting his health under control. Don & Chico are partying right now.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 am

Client called over the weekend and they need me in Singapore so I won't be able to make the SIC. I am definitely still planning on attending the ARRC.

Return to “F600 - Event News & Reports”