2. Tom Manalio (car should be ready) maybe his son will also attend
3. Chris Ross

We have not heard from:
1. George Bugg
2. Bill Bradley
3. Hank Bilek

Anybody else entering?

Jim
Last edited by Jim Murphy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 pm

George Bugg = uncommited

I'm trying to get there, but the work situation isn't cooperating.
George Bugg
Rakavon Chassis #1
F600

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm going to try and make it, but work isn't cooperating for me either. My quick trip to Singapore is working on week two with at least another week in site.

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am

Hey Chris - We need to find jobs like Jim has. :lol:

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:46 am

George Bugg wrote:Hey Chris - We need to find jobs like Jim has. :lol:

I gave up traveling jobs many years ago as they interfered with my love for car racing. I have been selling voice/data network solutions since the early '80's. Now I tele-commute out of my basement office. Since I am on straight commission my time is my own - I have no paid vacation, I just take time off when I want to.

Jim

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 am

As of right now, there are no F600's entered.

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Chris is now entered.

Remember that Atlanta does not hit your credit card until AFTER the race so entering now does not hurt you.

Jim

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 pm

I have given up 90% of the traveling that I used to do. Unfortunately, that also meant taking a 60% pay cut! :shock: It is worth it though as I used to travel about 8 to 9 months of the year. I gave it up to spend more time with my daughter when she was born. I mainly do design work out of my house, but every once in a while if the design was pretty complicated the client asks me to go witness the factory acceptance test. This was one of those situations. It was only supposed to be a week or so to make sure the hydraulic control system I designed was plumbed correctly and had the valves set up. Of course I get over to Singapore to find out that they aren't even close to being ready to start the FAT. I've been here two weeks now and we still haven't started. They managed to break it yesterday evening when they weren't paying attention so I have to figure out this morning how long it will take to fix it. The ARRC is looking less and less likely. On the plus side, these traveling jobs are pretty lucrative so it means some more goodies for the F600, possibly the bigger trailer I have been wanting, or maybe a new set of wheels and some A6's for the Elise. :D

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Sorry guys, but there is no way I'm going to make it. I'm still in Singapore and will be for at least another week. Have fun and looking forward to reading some good race reports.

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:45 pm

George Bugg, what is the latest?

Jim

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 am

Flight testing all week.
Get back late Thrusday.
Son plays in HS playoff game Friday night in Tuscaloosa.

I'm going to run over TGPR to help out with the Time Trials event.

Y'all have fun.

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

I think everyone is out of time & $$$.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Jay Novak wrote:I think everyone is out of time & $$$.

Not to start a flame storm ....

But wasn't the sales pitch from last year how inexpensive the MC engined cars were to operate and how little time they required to prep to top level performance?
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm

For not wanting to start a flame war, that is a pretty inflammatory statement.

Money is not an issue, my job is. I'm self employed so when my clients call, I have to jump to keep them happy. The job I am on was supposed to only be a week or two, but due to lack of training of my clients vendor, the job has doubled in time and I am still stuck in Singapore. George has a similar issue and is won't be coming back until the night before the race. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do instead of the ARRC. I really want to get out and run the car at least one more time this year.

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Chris Ross wrote:For not wanting to start a flame war, that is a pretty inflammatory statement.

Money is not an issue, my job is. I'm self employed so when my clients call, I have to jump to keep them happy. The job I am on was supposed to only be a week or two, but due to lack of training of my clients vendor, the job has doubled in time and I am still stuck in Singapore. George has a similar issue and is won't be coming back until the night before the race. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do instead of the ARRC. I really want to get out and run the car at least one more time this year.

Jay threw out the supposition - I just framed it with last years claims.
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am

Of course Chuck, you did not want to start a flame war, that was simply a friendly comment from a fellow racer.

Perhaps my statement that everyone was out of $$ and time was an over generalization. I know that we are short of $$ at the moment and even more short on time. But then we spent a season racing in F1000 and only won the Runoffs.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 am

Chuck McAbee wrote:
Chris Ross wrote:For not wanting to start a flame war, that is a pretty inflammatory statement.

Jay threw out the supposition - I just framed it with last years claims.

+1 with Chris.
I think that if you surveyed the current F600 drivers you will find that money is not the main issue but time and travel are part of the issue as well. I believe that it will pick back up next spring. The McMahans are booked up until then doing conversions as my Scorpion and Blumenthal Mk.8 keep getting put on the back burner for customer conversions.
They both have day jobs.

Jim

Return to “F600 - Event News & Reports”