Adjustment needed?

Race reports and previews from F600 events around the country
mark vollbrecht

f500 track record

Postby mark vollbrecht » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 pm

I believe Jeff Jorgenson holds the track record for F500 at that track. But there is more then one circuit there. If the car is that fast, that puts it close to FC track record I do not know who holds the FC record. That is according to Jeff that the time he is claiming is close to a FC record. That is one of the tracks he goes to and Jeff is fast. I will get more info from Jeff.
Last edited by mark vollbrecht on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 am

Ive never heard of Eddie being in a F5, I wonder what kind of time he would turn in a properly setup F5 and also how much faster is Ricks car in a F5 form? For example we gained over a second alone just off of suspension redesign. Ricks car is sure enough not like any other F5/F6 ive seen (from the pics thats been posted from time to time). I would love to have his brakes!

mark vollbrecht

F600

Postby mark vollbrecht » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 am

Looking at some of the pictures the front end may be a little wide. The tires look to be out side the body-work. IT may be be how the car is setting in the picture but picture 27 sure looks like the wheels are a good two inch out side the body-work.

Cory McLeod

Postby Cory McLeod » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

WCM McMahan wrote:Please keep the "creative marketing" to facts only. If you dont know something to be a fact, then please dont assume anything when posting on this forum. Theres "other" forums where the facts are totaly misrepresented and will never be the a actual fact that you can post on untill your hearts content. I would appreciate it if you would keep this site to facts only, thanks.

Clint,

I'm sure Mr. Goodwin meant no harm with the wording of his ad. Since this thread is about parity between the 2 formulas, a claim of 5 secs under the track record is relevant. More importantly, you should take a look around at your glass house before you start throwing stones about factual posts.

Cory
F500 - Can't Get Enough of the 2-Cycle Smoke and CVT!

jtc161
Site Admin

Postby jtc161 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Cory McLeod wrote:
WCM McMahan wrote:Please keep the "creative marketing" to facts only. If you dont know something to be a fact, then please dont assume anything when posting on this forum. Theres "other" forums where the facts are totaly misrepresented and will never be the a actual fact that you can post on untill your hearts content. I would appreciate it if you would keep this site to facts only, thanks.

Clint,

I'm sure Mr. Goodwin meant no harm with the wording of his ad. Since this thread is about parity between the 2 formulas, a claim of 5 secs under the track record is relevant. More importantly, you should take a look around at your glass house before you start throwing stones about factual posts.

Cory

The name Rick mentioned as previously holding the lap record was not Jeff Jorgenson. Perhaps Rick's -5seconds was to a previous lap record.

I am very impressed by rick's car and some of the solutions he has found, but there's no way a simple engine swap accounts for a full 5 second difference. I have a feeling that the car and driver would be just as fast with a rotax.
1997 RD

Ananth Kota

Postby Ananth Kota » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Well according to this post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662408

the fastline F600 car only weighs 550 lbs, and Eddie Lawson doesnt look a lick above 150 lbs to me, so it doesnt look like a fair comparison at all. Not to mention the fact that Eddie Lawson is a pro driver whose capabilities probably far exceed the average club racer's.

WCM McMahan

Postby WCM McMahan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:35 pm

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A BIG A$$ SHIFTER KART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats gotta be fun :D That will certianly dominate the kart racers as far as "moving up" to the "next" level.

jtc161
Site Admin

Postby jtc161 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm

The nose of that kart look similar for some reason...
1997 RD

Dave Craddock

Too wide ?

Postby Dave Craddock » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Vollbrecht, why would the man build a car to sell, and make it illegal???
Craddock
Dave Craddock

Chuck McAbee

Re: Too wide ?

Postby Chuck McAbee » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Dave Craddock wrote:Vollbrecht, why would the man build a car to sell, and make it illegal???
Craddock

Because he has voiced 'thumbing his nose at SCCA' since the day he started the project.
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Chris Reinhardt

Re: Too wide ?

Postby Chris Reinhardt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Chuck McAbee wrote:
Dave Craddock wrote:Vollbrecht, why would the man build a car to sell, and make it illegal???
Craddock

Because he has voiced 'thumbing his nose at SCCA' since the day he started the project.

Before you get your panties in a wad, I would ask the man. From what I understood, the car was built to whatever the rules where going to be, minus the IIR. When they decided they weren't going with the SCCA project, he built that KSR car.....

The right front is turned to the right, so the front edge is outside, if the wheel was straight, it looks like it would be inside the bodywork....

Image[/img]
CR2 MotorSports
Home of Cobalt Superkarts
www.cr2motorsports.webs.com

Dave Craddock

thumbing

Postby Dave Craddock » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah, like Goodwin is the only one displeased with the SCCA.
Dave Craddock

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Rick told me a couple of years ago, when Lawson was testing thE car that the F500 record was over 5 years old at that time.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Return to “F600 - Event News & Reports”