Roebling Road June 30th - July 1st

Race reports and previews from F600 events around the country
Chris Ross

Roebling Road June 30th - July 1st

Postby Chris Ross » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 pm

To anyone planning on attending this event, please be aware that they have merged all formula cars and sports racers (except SRF) into one run group. I have already emailed Sara Snider who is the race chair asking that the run groups be revisted. They were split last year and I can't see anything different in this years schedule why it is being this way. There were several FA's in attendance last year along with several FV's. This is just asking to get someone hurt or killed if we continue to keep silent. I urge anyone even thinking about attending this race to send in your email and ask that this be changed.

Here is Sara's email address. She is listed as the Race Chairman for this event. ssnider30@aol.com

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Wish I could be there, but I'll be out of the country.
George Bugg
Rakavon Chassis #1
F600

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:55 am

George Bugg wrote:Wish I could be there, but I'll be out of the country.

Gosh, George, your job is just getting in the way of your hobby!! :lol:

See you this Saturday at AMP with my E Mod Yellow Jeep.

Jim

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Hate to miss Roebling. I love that track. Going to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip and won't be back in time. I'll have to get my Roebling 'fix' at the SIC later in the season!

Really looking forward to AMP this weekend! My son and I are going to co-drive both days. Should be GREAT!

George Bugg

Rakavon Chassis #1

F600

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:18 pm

It is ALL about the number of formula car entries - the more entries, the more likely they will split the group up. We need more entries for this race to have any influence.

Jim

Chris Ross

Postby Chris Ross » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

From talking to all the F600 drivers, it looks like I was the only one able to attend. Everyone else had either work or personal commitments that weekend. I'm going to pass and run one of the later events that other F600 drivers can attend. Clint and I are still planning on making the drive down to Daytona in August. Hopefully Tom will make that race too.

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

Chris Ross wrote:From talking to all the F600 drivers, it looks like I was the only one able to attend. Everyone else had either work or personal commitments that weekend. I'm going to pass and run one of the later events that other F600 drivers can attend. Clint and I are still planning on making the drive down to Daytona in August. Hopefully Tom will make that race too.

From my experiences running Daytona in the summer this is the event when you wear a Cool Shirt and bring extra load of gator-aide. Good idea to double up the heat shielding between you and the MC and radiators/oil cooler. One more item - plan on the 2pm thunder clapper as well.

Jim

Chuck McAbee

Postby Chuck McAbee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 pm

1 F500 & 0 F600

6 FV & 5 FE - the rest are 1's & 2's
Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Cory McLeod

Postby Cory McLeod » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Chuck McAbee wrote:1 F500 & 0 F600

6 FV & 5 FE - the rest are 1's & 2's

The 1 F500 is Chris Smith.
F500 - Can't Get Enough of the 2-Cycle Smoke and CVT!

Return to “F600 - Event News & Reports”