metric fittings

Technical discussion, questions, answers and information regarding the F600
Ken Van Horn

Postby Ken Van Horn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:32 pm

George, thanks for the picture. My ecu and voltage regulator are mounted where you have the cooler, so I need to move the cooler or the ecu That's why I am considering the single radiator. Additionally, the plumbing for one radiator may solve some of my space issues. I do like the overkill of two radiators. Much to think about.
Ken Van Horn Novakar J9

George Bugg

Postby George Bugg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:53 pm

My wiring harness isn't installed yet. It should be waiting on me when I get back in town next weekend. Then I'll have to figure out where to put the ecu and regulator...
George Bugg
Rakavon Chassis #1
F600

Chris Reinhardt

Postby Chris Reinhardt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Not to beet a dead horse here, but don't all the 600's come from the factory with an water over oil heat exchanger? Seems to me if you can control the water temp, the oil temp will follow.

I agree with Ross, the remote filter and oil cooler only add to number of potential leaks, and failure points.... I think Wiley figured that out :shock:

CR
CR2 MotorSports
Home of Cobalt Superkarts
www.cr2motorsports.webs.com

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Ken,
IF you just have to have TWO water radiators then place them on one side and the oil cooler on the other side; Clint has already tried this and it did not help over one radiator.

Chris,
Clint has already tried the MC water oil cooler - it does not work. Clint tried the remote oil filter with big filter, it definitely helps and is worth the very low risk of leaks so both of our cars have remote oil filters AND the Scorpion is planned to have one shortly, too. Our MC engine builder told us back in 2009 that when you enclose the MC drivetrain you must install a big water radiator and a big oil cooler because the MC's were designed to have lots of air flow over them.
Trying new things on the the car is the only way to prove it works or not. Until you try it you do not know for sure.

Jim

Ken Van Horn

Postby Ken Van Horn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:06 pm

So, just remove my right hand radiator and mount it in front of my left hand radiator and fill the right hand space with the oil cooler?
Ken Van Horn Novakar J9

Jay Novak

Postby Jay Novak » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Ken Van Horn wrote:So, just remove my right hand radiator and mount it in front of my left hand radiator and fill the right hand space with the oil cooler?

Ken, properly plumbed your car will need 1 radiator and 1 oil cooler. Use a large single pass 2 row cooler and a big oil cooler. Make sure the ducting is sealed. No problems.
... Jay Novak
SCCA member for 48 years
A special thanks to all SCCA workers

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:55 am

Jay Novak wrote:
Ken Van Horn wrote:So, just remove my right hand radiator and mount it in front of my left hand radiator and fill the right hand space with the oil cooler?

Ken, properly plumbed your car will need 1 radiator and 1 oil cooler. Use a large single pass 2 row cooler and a big oil cooler. Make sure the ducting is sealed. No problems.

Do what Jay says.

ken kaplowitz

sandwhich plate

Postby ken kaplowitz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm

I have 3 new sandwhich plates FOR GXSR that screw onto the engine in place of the filter.I have been using these on our DSR for quite some time with great succiss.These cost me $100.each and thats what I'll sell them for plus shipping.
ken kaplowitz
561-793-2919

Return to “F600 - Tech”