I'm Baaack!

Discussion on current events in the F600 category
Allen Schutte

I'm Baaack!

Postby Allen Schutte » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Wow, sure seems a bit dead around here.

Anyway, life has circled back around to where I can play with the race car again and I managed to score a wrecked Yamaha R6 with 8800 miles on it (for $500!) so the Zink 19 is going to get a transplant. I have already started stripping the bike and making some more work room in the garage. This is going to be local autocross only and probably run in A-mod so I don't have to worry about restrictor plates and can be a lot lighter. Initially going to keep the solid axle for simplicity but down the road.......

Jim Murphy

Re: I'm Baaack!

Postby Jim Murphy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Autoxing with a 600cc MC means a lot of shifting - FSAE comes to mind - unless you have upped the power.
And, I am told by the MC gurus that 1st and 2nd gear don't like to be run hard in autox's. And a single piece
chassis handles much better than a two piece chassis that a Zink Z19/22(?) has - from personal experience with
my autox F Mod.

HTH,
Jim
Been autoxing since 1970

Allen Schutte

Postby Allen Schutte » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 am

Well, it's not going to be a 2 piece chassis for long....

Our courses tend to be pretty fast, a lot of Vettes and other CAM class stuff so pending on gearing I don't think I will be shifting that much. Were you running the 494?

Jim Murphy

Postby Jim Murphy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Allen Schutte wrote:Well, it's not going to be a 2 piece chassis for long....

Our courses tend to be pretty fast, a lot of Vettes and other CAM class stuff so pending on gearing I don't think I will be shifting that much. Were you running the 494?

My DareDevil F Mod has the 493 - more torque. If I had not sold it, I would have upgraded it to the 593 for even more torque.

Return to “F600 - General Discussion”